Assistant Buyer – Tea & Coffee, Fixed Term Contract Job at Fortnum and Mason – in London
Located in the heart of Piccadilly in our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Fortnum & Mason are looking for an Assistant Buyer for the Tea & Coffee Department to join the Fortnum’s Family! This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract and accountable for supporting the buyer for their relevant department/category.
The role is key to the delivery of the department/through analysing performance. The individual will demonstrate strong commercial acumen, have a creative eye and be able to identify new and seasonal trends in collaboration with the Buyer and Senior Buyer.
- Under the direction of the Buyer, contribute to the delivery of the strategic vision across all channels for the category.
- Contributes to or has responsibility for the Buy of a specific product category under the direction of the Buyer/Senior Buyer.
- Analyses performance and produces weekly sell-through reports.
- Demonstrate an authentic and passionate understanding of brand, product and the competition within the market
- Demonstrates an understanding of the customer profile and be able to anticipate customer needs and expectations in a multichannel environment
- Manages product set up, SOR and Consignment agreements, supported by the Buying Assistant
- Maintains seasonal product calendars to capitalise on key events / holidays throughout year
- Maintains and manages departmental range plan, each season, ensuring effective deployment across Retail, Online, Wholesale and Satellite Stores.
- Prepare up to date, relevant information packs trade meetings and be able to present in the Buyers absence.
- Inputs into the identification of new brands and products in line with Fortnum’s strategy and commitment to quality
- Contributes to new product development in line with the Fortnum own label strategy
- Ability to effectively relationship manage the supplier base
- Ensure all suppliers meet the Fortnum & Mason compliance standards
- Attend and contribute to buying meetings externally and internally, where necessary on behalf of the Buyer.
People & Collaboration
- Be able to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate an authentic and passionate understanding of the brand and brand values
Provide consistent and detailed support to the Buyer and/or Senior Buyer
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience as a Senior Buying Administrator/Assistant or Assistant Buyer
- Ability to manage time and workload with often competing priorities and varying demands of the business
- Ability to maintain range plans across a multichannel business
- Exceptionally high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence, effectively, with all team members and relevant key interfaces
- Strong customer service focus when dealing with both internal and external parties
- Ability to undertake duties autonomously as well as contribute to the wider team
- Detailed orientated with high levels of numeracy and analytical skills
- Experience in highly seasonal buying strategies, able to collaborate with Food Buying colleagues in Prep, Serve & Entertaining.
- Ability to manage competing demands of a seasonal buying calendar, effectively and collaboratively with Food Buying Colleagues.
- Ability to deliver exclusives within a highly competitive market
Experience gained within a multichannel luxury retail environment
At Fortnum & Mason we’ve been innovating for more than 300 years and as part of our mission to deliver a sense of pleasure for the centuries to come. We have grown to be a digitally focused and multi-channel company with the excitement of expanding our family to include those willing to grow with us.
Those who can consistently demonstrate individual initiative within a collaborative team framework, thrive at Fortnum & Mason. If this sounds like you, and you’re ready for the next step in your career, we welcome your application!
In return, we offer the following fabulous benefits:
- A competitive salary
- A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
- 25 days holidays and an extra day off for your birthday
- A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
- A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
- Excellent pension scheme
Reference ID: 3347906
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: From £1.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Store discounts
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
Company: Fortnum and Mason –
Company Location: London