General Manager Job at Howden Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Effectively develop and execute a Strategy for a new focused Compressor and Steam Turbine Business.
- Lead and manage the establishment of the business focusing on securing a strong position in the Sub- Saharan African Market.
- Meet the agreed budget targets which includes bookings, profits and cash.
- Robust management of the governance, risk and compliance framework within which the business operates.
- Build a network of contacts and put in place an appropriate set of alliances with relevant national and international operating companies, contractors, engineering and project management organisations, service providers and other relevant parties that cover target clients in our core sectors of Mining, Industrial, PCOG and Power.
- Efficient and effective management of business operations and ensure strong controls and exemplary financial reporting for the business.
- Monitor opportunities and prospects across all our national and overlapping international target geographies, markets and product sectors.
- Actively seek new clients, contracts, projects and business expansion areas for Howden Africa
- Identify risks and mitigate appropriately working in collaboration with the Howden Africa executive
- Ensure excellent internal and external stakeholder relationship management.
- Support the drive for collaboration across all Howden local and international business units working as One Howden globally.
- Drive all Talent Management activities i.e. performance management, succession planning and development plans for all employees within the business.
- Ensure that all activities comply with applicable national and international Health and Safety Standards.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business / Engineering / Sales.
12 years + experience of successful general and/or sales management.
Proven track-record in achieving sales and profit targets.
Strong people management and leadership skills.
Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
In-depth knowledge of market analysis and metrics.
Strong networking and brand building competencies.
This is a senior level position that requires a strong people leader. Business development within the Sub- Saharan African market is essential.
Company Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng