Housekeeping Supervisor Job at Serco
Make a difference everyday
The Job Opportunity
Serco is currently looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to join the team at Dubai Tram. The purpose of this position is to lead a team of housekeepers to provide a safe, well-maintained and clean environment within the premises of the Dubai Tram, in line with clients and passengers expectations and performance target.
– Management and supervision of cleaning staff to ensure they deliver the cleaning standards within the premises of Dubai Tram
– Planning, Supervision and delivering cleaning services within the premises of Dubai Tram such as trams and depots to achieve client’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI) targets
– Ensure that cleaning chemicals are stored in accordance with ‘Aspects and Impacts Register’
– Ensure that cleaning staff are performing cleaning activities as per the workflow and special Cleaning Calendar is updated within specified area of responsibility
– Ensure that incident/accidents or other such issues related to cleaning within stations, depots, car parks and trains are reported and resolved in a timely manner
– Ensure adequate purchase of cleaning products on a monthly basis
– Provide any necessary training for the staff
– Monitor the services provided by the Waste Management, Pest control, Feminine Hygiene and laundry subcontractor within specified area of responsibility and provide feedback
– Follow safe working procedures and instructions personally and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as required and look out for the safety of others
– Assist in detailing the cleaning records and any other associated duties as appropriate
– Perform shift and emergency duties when required
What we are looking for in our Candidates:
– Ability to supervise a team of cleaners with an aim to meet the committed performance target of cleanliness in a cost effective and efficient manner;
– Good interpersonal and people skills, and a mature, methodical and responsible approach to work;
– Must have strong supervisory skills and ability to plan work priorities effectively;
– Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
– Ability to demonstrate both good literacy and numeracy skills required for the role.
– Ideally a degree holder or higher diploma of post-secondary education in a related discipline.
– A minimum of 3 years housekeeping supervisory experience ideally in public areas and/or hospitals.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defense, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.