Sales Executive Job at SHELL ENERGY RETAIL LIMITED in Coventry
Uncapped commission + great benefits
Hours: Shift Rotation, between Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm.
Our Outbound Retentions team retain our existing customers by calling them when their tariff is up for renewal and offering new products with Shell Energy. It will be your role to ensure our customers are offered the best deals both for energy and for other products they may not have considered purchasing from us before such as broadband.
This role is fast-paced with volume outbound calls and will require you to be resilient and self-motivated; remaining upbeat and confident call after call. With a strong customer focus, you will be able to adapt and flex dependent on the customer and offer products that suit their needs. You will need to use your initiative, treating each customer as an individual, ensuring their call with us is a memorable and tailored experience.
Your role day to day
- Confidently make outbound contact with customers to proactively notify them that their tariff is up for renewal.
- Drive business retention by providing clear solutions that meet the customer’s needs in order to retain their custom.
- Ability to identify the features and benefits of particular tariffs or additional products that we provide, and explain these clearly to customers when relevant.
- Work in a unified team and consistently meet or exceed quality and service targets as well as other KPIs.
- Exceed set sale per hour targets on a daily basis.
- Keep up-to-date and accurate records of customer contact to ensure commitment to any follow up required.
- Ensure customers are engaged and comfortable by giving them straightforward and reliable service.
- Aid customers where possible with basic service queries with a ‘right first time’ approach.
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure case management is followed through when first contact resolution is not possible.
- Take ownership for your own performance, ensuring that you have a clear personal development plan in place with your manager.
- Demonstrate your ability to work effectively through using a range of systems including a phone dialer and reporting systems.
What you’ll need to help you make the best of the role:
- Previous experience and comfort with working in a sales or target driven environment
- Be adaptable and able to change focus when required
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build strong rapport with a variety of different people/personalities
- Ability to employ appropriate listening and questioning techniques to identify our customers’ needs.
- Ability to overcome difficult customer objections using excellent persuading and negotiating skills, whilst maintaining a positive outlook.
- Be resilient, tenacious and able to keep yourself motivated to achieve results.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to stay calm and professional when in a challenging situation.
- Ability to carry out basic numerical calculations.
- Ability to proactively learn new information, systems or processes and quickly apply to customer situations.
- Confident to manage your own workload and adhering to set time frames.
- Ability to use multiple systems (PC-literate).
The nice to have’s:
- Previous experience in an outbound call centre role.
- Previous experience within the energy industry.
- Previous experience within a highly regulated role.
- Bonus scheme
- Wellness programmes
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Reference ID: OFT
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00 to £18,500.00 /year
- Customer Service : 1 year (Required)
Company: SHELL ENERGY RETAIL LIMITED
Company Location: Coventry