Secretariat Support Job at Home Office – in London
The role also has the potential to encompass tasks from the other functions in the Secretariat, and work in close liaison with members of the legal team, giving the candidate the opportunity to obtain and develop a wide range of skills.
Ability to work to tight deadlines, working flexibly and adapting to changing priorities is required for the role.
You will be a proactive self-starter who would like to make an impact and is enthusiastic about making a difference.
This post is being offered on a Fixed Term Appointment (FTA) basis in order to complete a finite piece of work.
- Support the recruitment onboarding process and pre-employment checks from start to finish in accordance with departmental and Civil Service requirements. Liaising with the relevant stakeholders and Government Recruitment Service. Being a point of contact for HR and the candidates during the recruitment/onboarding process.
- Progress all campaigns to agreed service levels using civil service jobs e-recruitment system.
- Assisting with interviews, providing on hand support including related admin support.
- Delivering strategic recruitment initiatives to help improve recruitment outcomes for the business.
- Support other wider HR tasks at the inquiry ie Induction, Learning and Development and HR Policies.
- Manage finance mailbox, process incoming emails and supplier invoices, respond to finance queries from staff and suppliers and direct emails to appropriate staff in the inquiry.
- Update and maintain spreadsheets to track and analyse payments to aid the finance team with budgeting, forecasting and accruals.
- Manage the Counsel (legal) fee note process. Respond to internal and external finance queries regarding fee notes. Submit and track payment request from Counsel staff.
- Create suppliers on the Home Office’s Metis finance system; raise catalogue and non-catalogue requisitions and purchase orders.
- Ensure that supplier and Counsel invoices/fee notes are properly logged, filed and receipted in a timely manner.
- Work with Shared Services in the Home Office and other stakeholders to ensure that any finance queries relating to payment or receipting and/or other relevant issues are answered and/or resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
The post holder will also take shared responsibility for providing efficient, effective and flexible administrative support to ensure that the Inquiry is run effectively. This will involve, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Lead on deliveries, stationery monitoring and ordering via Home Office systems for the secretariat
- Room bookings at both external and internal venues for staff across the Inquiry
- Monitoring the secretariat inquiry inbox, ensure queries are sent to the appropriate staff for advice, drafting responses.
- Provide administrative support within the office to assist functional areas streams across the Inquiry as and when required.
The above is only an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role. You will carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by the inquiry. The job description and person specification may be reviewed on an ongoing basis in accordance with the changing needs of the inquiry and your own developmental needs and interests.
- The post holder will be an energetic self-starter.
- Experience of delivering of projects of high quality services preferably within a fast paced environment.
- Good team worker – a real desire to work as parts of a team and making a difference.
- Confident and collaborative approach, able to build a strong network of stakeholders.
- Ability to work flexibly and sometimes under pressure to deliver a range of different areas of work simultaneously to required standards and timescales.
- You will be well organised with an attention to detail, so that the work you deliver is on time and to a high standard.
- Administrative experience within an office/HR environment.
- Enthusiastic, dynamic and able to work with little supervision.
- Determined to get the right outcome and the creativity to find new solutions if existing ones are no longer producing results.
- Ability to work and communicate with different personality types.
- Experience of liaising with, and maintaining relationships with, external stakeholders.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Delivering at Pace
Communicating and Influencing
Managing a Quality Service
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Company: Home Office –
Company Location: London