Tool Design Engineer – IV Jobs in Palmdale at Lockheed Martin
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of equipment, tools, dies, gauges, jigs, fixtures, and prototype models required for production or experimental use, considering such factors as accessibility, economy, mobility, and performance requirements. Will determine, provide and develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems unique to each program assigned, with minimum direction or supervision. An advanced understanding and wide application of engineering and technical principles, theories and concepts will be expected. Will coordinate and support tooling activities across a wide range of functional organizations including; Airframe Design, Structural Analysis, Materials and Processes, Planning, Procurement/Suppliers, Manufacturing, Production, Quality Assurance, Testing and Tool Fabrication. May serve as spokesperson for Tool Engineering on advanced projects and programs. Considered an immerging authority in the field of Tool Engineering.
– Must be US citizen.
– Active/Final Secret clearance with an investigation completed within the last 5-years.
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in an Engineering or related discipline
– Approximately 9-years of demonstrated professional Tool Design or equivalent experience/combined education
– Experienced with CATIA-V5 Generative Shape, Part, Assembly and Drafting workbenches.
– Experienced in aircraft tool design.
– Experienced in the use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
– Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the production of aircraft to include; metallic and composite materials, composite cure, trimming, drilling, machining, forming, welding, large assemblies and inspection.
– Experience in tooling for Determinant Assembly.
– Experience with CATIA-V6 within a 3DX-PLM environment.
– Experience in structural analysis and proficient in material selection/sizing.
– Experience with additive manufacturing.
– Experience working in a fast paced, developmental environment.
– Experience in leading small teams.
– Experience with Earned Value Management.
Job Title: Tool Design Engineer – IV
Company Name: Lockheed Martin
Experince: 8 – 10 years
Job Category: Aerospace & Defense