Urgent Treatment Centre Service Manager Job at East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust – in Ashford
Ashford Clinical Providers Ltd, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, Integrated Care 24, Invicta Health CIC and Thanet Health CIC.
- Line management of Admin Managers including, professional Development of Admin Managers
- Delivering training to Admin Managers as required including new starter training
- Oversee day to day operations across 4 sites including participation in operational huddles and daily problem solving
- Gather and analyse performance data
- Plan, implement and manager projects and improvements
- Ongoing ideas and experiments to optimize service and patient care experience
- Support and eliminate barriers for frontline teams’ rapid experiments.
- Collaborate with the GM to develop the service, align with true north and grow the service team
- Research and resolve complaints. Escalate trended complaint topics, safety concerns to GM, Directors or Quality Leads
- Review and Manage breaches daily. Develop Admin Managers to problem solve around breach mitigation.
- Ensure national standards and objectives are me
- Develop a culture of inclusivity in collaboration with other care group leaders to ensure ongoing team work and improvements.
- Manage operations in a way that ensures financial controls are met and demonstrate resource stewardship
- Staff appraisals
- Supporting Senior Management in alerting to any issues regarding assigned sites
- Rapid escalation of issues when unable to resolve
- Participates in the Major Incident procedure as required.
The organisation is currently launching its new improvement focus in the form of an improvement system called We Care. The We Care System is a fundamentally new model that the organisation will be shifting to, it champions empowerment, promotes innovation and will bolster the connection and collaboration of staff throughout the organisation.
The We Care System utilises a multi-layered approach to improvement allowing staff to develop and produce a variety of ideas to combat the issues and problems that have been identified. The system allows for the deployment of:
- Strategic Initiatives which are long term projects and focus led and driven by our executive
- Trust Priority Improvement Projects which are short term projects allocated to a range of project teams made up from our staff groups focusing on impacting our True North metrics and breakthrough objectives
- Ward Based OMS which delivers daily management and continuous improvement on the frontline
Company: East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust –
Company Location: Ashford