Waste Strategy Project Officer Job at Maroondah City Council – in Croydon VIC
Waste Strategy Project Officer
- Ongoing Full Time
- Salary: $90,657 pa + super + 19 day month
- Location: Ringwood
Maroondah Council has an exciting position available for an experienced person to join our Waste Management team. The position is integral to the Waste Management team and will assist Council in driving changes to achieve Local, State and Federal waste and resource recovery targets and outcomes.
Key responsibilities of the position:
- Implement waste and resource recovery projects in collaboration with internal and external key stakeholders, to achieve the outcomes and targets of Maroondah’s ten-year Waste, Litter & Resource Recovery Strategy.
- Undertake research to inform and update waste and resource recovery policy.
- Collect, maintain, analyse and interpret data.
- Assist the community to transition to new waste services, including the introduction of a Food and Garden Organics service, a glass only service, and changing of bin lids to meet with Australian Standards.
- Write reports on the progress of projects for a range of audiences.
- Coordinate and administer strategy project budgets and procurement processes. Including management of external contractors where required.
To be successful in this position, it is essential that you:
- Are passionate and motivated to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Are adaptable and able to quickly adjust to shifting priorities.
- Are self-motivated and highly organised, with the ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Can work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Are able to develop and maintain relationships, liaise with varying stakeholders, and influence others to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
Your skills and expertise:
- A Degree or Diploma qualifications in environmental management, environmental science, sustainability, social science, community engagement or education (or relevant field) with experience in the subject matter, or, lesser qualification(s) with minimum 5-years’ experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Experience in identifying and implementing new organisational processes.
- Ability to work effectively within a dynamic team.
What can Maroondah Council offer you?
- Great benefits including discount leisure memberships, Social Club and Health & Wellbeing Programs
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Situated next to Eastland and Town Square precinct
As part of our selection process you may be required to have pre-employment checks. (Psychometric Assessment, Medical, CrimCheck and Working with Children Clearance).
To apply online please visit our Careers @ Maroondah www.maroondah.vic.gov.au
For further information please call Antonia Heward, Team Leader Waste Strategy and Policy on Tel: 9298 4248.
Closing Date: Sunday 25 July 2021
Position Description – pdf Opens in new window
Position Description – docx Opens in new window
Company: Maroondah City Council –
Company Location: Croydon VIC